Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Mountain Goats

An Unpopular Opinion


I've tried listening to them. "Damn These Vampires" just didn't do it for me. I've got "All Eternals Deck" on my itunes, and I've listened to it four times, but I just can't get into them. The Mountain Goats will forever remain the band that everyone else seems to like that I just can't enjoy. Something about the singer's lackluster singing fails to live up to expectations.


John Darnielle might be a nice guy in real life. He might be really fun and sweet and genuine, but his music doesn't hold those qualities for me. 

Admittedly, the album kind of grows on you as you continue to listen to it, but there's a point where you just think "Wow, that's it? That's what everyone's been raving about?" Maybe I just haven't given them enough of a chance. They have a new album out that I haven't listened to yet that might be good to check out. Who knows? But for now...for now, The Mountain Goats and I are not bros.

No comments:

Post a Comment