Friday, February 15, 2013

Best of Soundcloud: Black Swan Runners

One of the perks of working at MAGNET is that I get to rifle through their collection of unsolicited CDs and records and pick whatever I want to keep. It was during this search that I came across some cool looking albums that I decided to check out. Black Swan Runners' album, "An Aside" caught my attention when I gave it a listen. It's the kind of echoey guitar and the interesting synth percussion, like in "West of the Ten", that makes Black Swan Runners chill, grey day music.


Hailing from both sides of the Carolina's, Black Swan Runners is a four member band, all dudes, all cool. They've spent time working hard on this album, and the effort shows in the final product.


With vocals that are caught in a dream, the songs on the album each have a kind of cloudy but upbeat quality to them. Check out more of Black Swan Runner at their website and sit back on your easy chair with that cup of coffee this overcast day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment