Sunday, January 6, 2013

Now Hear This: Soko

I first discovered Soko years ago with her debut song, "I'll Kill Her," a song that struck a chord with me after a rough break up. It was the kind of song that spilled out from a bleeding heart and reeked of a bitterness that only an unrequited love could give.


(I couldn't find a good stream of the song, so this'll have to do)

It was a few weeks that I rediscovered her and her recent album, "I Thought I was an Alien." Lonely songs sway on an empty swing set in this collection of original songs that sweep away ashes of a broken heart. Soko is actually a French singer as well as an actress, though her songs are in English. She has played in various French films which you definitely should check out as well as her album, which can be found at her website here.

Fill your empty mornings with a beautiful musician's voice playing from your speakers; let Soko into your heart and never feel alone in the universe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment